Estate, Gift, and Fiduciary

Proper planning can save you thousands of dollars and may even allow you to escape some taxes completely. However, there are usually some tax returns that need to be filed. The most common tax return that needs to be filed by an Estate or a Trust is Form 1041 - U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts. This form can be complex, and elections should be made to minimize taxes and to avoid excess burdens on the fiduciary.

Gift Tax Returns are generally required if you make gifts of $16,000 or more to one person during the year.

Handouts Available:

Estates and Trusts

• Death of a Taxpayer • Estate Tax (Form 706) • Gift Tax • Personal Representatives - Estates